Saturday, July 10, 2010

9th Year Cancer Free!

I sometimes wonder how it is that I am so lucky to again be cancer free when so many are fighting for their lifes. Then in that same moment, I thank God that I HAVE been given continued life. There IS a reason that I am alive to tell. My story which includes many chapters, has the chapter called Kidney Cancer. This is what started another awesome chapter called "RELAY FOR LIFE!" A chapter that continues on, with the hope that there will be a cure!

It is my pleasure to be part of RELAY FOR LIFE of Dana Point. It is time to jump in and become involved! October 2 & 3 is the date. Again, Lantern Bay Park is the same beautiful location! The ocean air, along with the sights and sounds of the celebration of life, brings encouragement to so many!

Each sunday afternoon we have a RELAY booth at the "free" summer Concerts In The Park. This is our opportunity to meet others, and also deliver information about early detection, celebrating survivors and caregivers,and raise awareness to our community. The snacks and drinks are being provided by another organization, it too is for a worthy cause....our soldiers at war.

As far as the "depression" chapter, this chapter is still not complete. With counseling, prayers, keeping busy to not allow an idle mind, I am getting through. Once there is closure, I will be the first to tell you!

So depression does NOT have to take over. Giving and serving others is good therapy. At the end of the day, it feels like life IS worth living!

No comments:

Post a Comment