Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Taking One Day At A Time....

So it's now been five months in limbo. And I don't mean "dancing limbo!" That's for another day! Getting out and about is still kinda weird. I'm purposely seeking time to share with others. This is my way of coming back to life..... or looking forward to a new day. I find that if I don't schedule things to do, it's easier to sit and do nothing. Which starts the isolation cycle, etc.

Those of you that have shared life experiences and struggles, are teaching me so much about depression. Yes each story is different, but the struggle to be better is the same. The self talk and maybe the counseling sessions, along with the want to see brighter days makes a difference to each experience. Others may get better under doctor's care, and medication. Prayers, meditation, a self help book, and finding positive things to focus on are just a few ways to improve the depressed.

I am told that taking time for yourself, by doing something you've wanted to do but haven't, is not anything to feel guilty about. Serving others is so rewarding and worthwhile. But taking time for yourself, gives you strength to do more for others. It is so much easier to give then receive. But like a car without gas, it goes nowhere.

Embrace the hug of a friend, they may need it as much as you. We strengthen each other, really.

4 comments:

  1. I so agree with you my speacial freind (I always thought of you you as my guardian angel) it always seem like we don't see each other for a long time and when i nee a pick me up some how you always show up or I here from you.I can understand it has changed my life. When Nicky pasted away it turned my whole life upside down and it really never gets better. Yes I'm glad to be able to get up every day and see my family and freinds, but sometimes you feel like and your in a movie, its all and act because you are still hiding inside. I'm so sorry you have feel the way you do, but just remember you always have me to talk to I'm sure you know who this is lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ain't no need to worry, what the night is gonna bring... it will be all over in the morning" So we don't always know how long the night is going to last, but one thing is sure - you're morning will come! Rachel, one of these days soon you will wake up and just know that it's over! Your head will be clear, you'll stand a little straighter and the "Peace of God" will be all over you... our prayers will be answered!!!! God Bless - I LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELL SAID TIA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the picture of "your ocean in the morning" hanging in my bathroom to remind me everyday that it's a new day, a new start in this vast ocean of life. I didn't used to think of it that way, remember? I used to tell you that although the ocean is beautiful & calming to you, to me, it's mostly scary, so vast, so open, so unknown... Thank you for YOUR OCEAN, that makes MY everyday start anew, and fresh, love ya Ra~

    ReplyDelete